Sunday, July 21, 2013

New Orleans - Part 3

I know that when people think of New Orleans, they think of food, jazz, and Mardi Gras but for me it's all about the art. I've indulged my enthusiasm for the Ogden Museum of Southern Art the last two posts, I'm going to move on to The Sydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden at NOMA, the New Orleans Museum of Art.

Despite the intense heat and humidity I could only marvel at the 60+ fabulous works...here are some for you to enjoy.


You could sit alongside these folks.
























This was a three-sided, tri-colored dog.

I YURNED for these...

There is NOTHING like a Claes Oldenburg to make me happy.










Leandro Ehrlich
Window and Ladder - Too Late for Help  2008

Well, after pondering all this great art and trying to discern the intention of all these great sculptors, one works up an appetite.  And since food does matter, I'll just say I was partial to The Milk Bar on S. Carrollton Ave and Slice Pizzeria on St Charles Ave.

If you'd like to find out about these sculptures and more, visit this link, or better yet, plan to make New Orleans a stop when YOU next travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment