Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Being Armenian

April 24 is the day that commemorates the genocide of the Armenians.  And despite what anyone says, the history in our family is that my grandmother came to this country in 1911 when she was eleven. My grandfather (not yet her husband and quite abit older than she) was already in this country having escaped from Diyabekir, his hometown in Turkey, after witnessing the massacre of his father and the abduction of his mother and sister and that predates the "official" start date of 1915.

I hope you will read one or all of these posts about the Armenian aspects of my life...

   
From One Stove To the Next

                                           

                                             Losing My Religion

                                                                    

                                                                                   Rolling My Way Back Home



No comments:

Post a Comment